Saturday 22 April 2017

Mrs. W. (Margaret ) Leatham (nee Gillespie) death 1930

The Sydney Morning Herald.
29 Dec 1930

LEATHEM.
In loving memory of my dear wife and my dear mother, Margaret Catherine, who passed away December 28, 1929.
God's greatest gift-remembrance.
Inserted by her loving husband, Wally, and son, John.


Lithgow Mercury NSW Wed 15 Jan 1930

KANDOS
(Frorn Our Own Correspondent.)

The death occurred recently of Mrs. W. Leatham, who was formerly a resident of Kandos. She was a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. D. Gillespie, and before her marriage was a well liked member of the younger set in Kandos.

This is the second death in the family during the past few years, the other being Peggy's sister Nancy I (Mrs. N. Woton). The late Mrs. Leatham was only in her early twenties, and her demise is regretted. She leaves a husband and a small son to mourn their loss.
Link to index
                                                                ------

According to this she was Called Peggy not Margaret; so you learn something new every day ! I like that name Peggy "nanny Peg" sounds cute sadly never met her or even seen a photo; I have never had any grandmothers both had passed before I come in to the world

And I have a great aunt called Nancy; may be I was named after here who knows. I do know they spell the name wrong it is em not am.

No comments:

Post a Comment